Re: ANNOUNCE: Beagle 0.1.3

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 07:42:41PM -0500, George Sherwood wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 01:23 +0100, federico wrote:
>
> > should I rebuild something since last compile (maybe beagle-0.0.9)?
> > i just upgraded libgdiplus and mono, nothing else. (the others deps are
> > up-to-date)
>
> I had a very similar error with beagle 0.1.2 and needed to upgrade gmime
> from 2.1.16 to 2.1.17. Beagle 0.1.3 builds fine for me.

 That's because mono have terrible (read: non-existant) backward
compatibility. You problably have compiled gmime-2.1.16 with older
gtk-sharp (which includes glib-sharp). When you upgraded gtk-sharp,
you removed glib-sharp which gimem-sharp was linked to.
  I get similar problem anytime I upgrade dbus (and dbus-sharp). Every
normal app (C ones and Python ones) works OK with newer version of
library. But I have to recompile Tomboy everytime, because Tomboy don't
want dbus-sharp, it wants dbus-sharp-0.50 and I have only
dbus-sharp-0.60.

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
zdzichu irc -nie spam- pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray