Re: Gnome.Vfs to index archives

Hi,

Kevin Kubasik wrote:
While writing a decompression Lib from scratch in C# would no doubt be
a pain, and just calling system commands to decompress files isn't the
best method, but what about utilizing the Gnome.Vfs class.
Documentation on it seemed a little flimsy, and I tried to put
together some POC code, but my C# experience is non-existent, so I
couldn't do much.

Last time I tried this, gnome-vfs's support for archive extraction was unreliable. It still seems broken on gnome-vfs 2.11.1:

  # gnomevfs-info file:///home/dsd/Downloads/squashfs2.2.tar.gz#gzip:#tar:
  Segmentation fault
  # gnomevfs-ls file:///home/dsd/Downloads/squashfs2.2.tar.gz#gzip:#tar:
  Segmentation fault

Daniel