Gnome.Vfs to index archives

Hey, I recently discovered Beagle and was reading the TODO in the CVS.

While writing a decompression Lib from scratch in C# would no doubt be
a pain, and just calling system commands to decompress files isn't the
best method, but what about utilizing the Gnome.Vfs class.
Documentation on it seemed a little flimsy, and I tried to put
together some POC code, but my C# experience is non-existent, so I
couldn't do much.

I would be more than willing to learn the basics of C# and get a rough
class working, but I just wanted to check and see if this possibility
had already been considered, and if so what drawbacks does this method
present etc.

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik