Re: kmailqueryable

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 10:13 -0400, D Bera wrote:
> There are many mail-apps out there who store their mails in maildir
> format (and some of them are hugely popular e.g. pine, mutt... -
> widely used in academia where beagle is being extenstively to find
> papers/mails/reports etc). Once KMail backend is in, there will be
> requests to add their support too. The only difference between these
> different applications is the location of mails, directory hierarchy,
> naming conventions of the folders and some application specific
> settings.

The bulk of the work for mail is done by the mail filter.  The crawler
isn't a particularly interesting piece; it just looks in a certain
directory.  The main differentiation is KMail-specific code, which is
why it's more suitable as KMailQueryable.  We can add a MuttQueryable if
there's a good reason for it.  In most cases, the filesystem backend
should handle it.