beagled -- ioctl: Bad address

I've recently installed Beagle on my laptop running Ubuntu "Hoary"
pre-release, and it was running fine until this past week.  I'm assuming
that one of the Ubuntu package upgrades is causing this, but I am now
getting the following error in terminal when attempting to start the
beagled:

thor lt:~$ beagled
thor lt:~$ ioctl: Bad address
ioctl: Bad address
ioctl: Bad address
ioctl: Bad address

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Attempt to
watch /usr/share/applications failed!
in <0x00133> Beagle.Util.Inotify:Watch
(string,Beagle.Util.Inotify/EventType,Beagle.Util.Inotify/EventType)
in <0x0000f> Beagle.Util.Inotify:Watch
(string,Beagle.Util.Inotify/EventType)
in <0x00167> Beagle.Daemon.LauncherQueryable.LauncherQueryable:Watch
(string)
in <0x00158> Beagle.Daemon.LauncherQueryable.LauncherQueryable:Start ()
in <0x00016> Beagle.Daemon.Queryable:Start ()
in <0x000af> Beagle.Daemon.QueryDriver:Start ()
in <0x00c14> Beagle.Daemon.BeagleDaemon:Main (string[])

Any pointers to resolving this would be much appreciated, keeping in
mind that I am a Linux newbie.  Thanks in advance!

- Thor