gmail filter

Has there been any thought put into integrating beagle or best with gmail?
I saw that best asks for a google api key and thought of gmail since
I moved from evo to gmail at the beginning of this year (imap seems sluggish
in comparison to gmail and I don't have to set up a mail client on
every computer
I try and use).
Obviously their might be some problems supporting this feature permanently
since gmail is proprietary, but I was thinking of maybe a hack/plugin some of
us might put together. Maybe just have best do a query with libgmail or some
gmail agent which is .NET and display the results.

Anyways just wanted to see if I could get your thoughts.
Beagle seems great so far. Great Job Guys,

Miller