Re: Imap support in util/evolution/camel.cs

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 17:58, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 20:22, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > When on a 3.5 hours flight across half of Australia, it's a perfect time
> > to hack on dashboard.
>

> Whoa!  This is a very clean patch!  I've applied the first two, but not
> the one that hardcodes IMAP in.  We'll need camel.cs to do three things
> now:
>
>         * Autodetect IMAP/MBOX.

This should be quite simple to do.  I'll look at it when I get more
time.  Theoretically it's possible to read part of the file until we
find the "version"-bits.  From that it should be possible to know if
it's IMAP and MBOX.  There is also another way, using the filename,  the
summary for MBOX is named "mbox.ev-summary" and the IMAP one is named
just "summary".

However, what I REALLY think are missing are:
* Some way to list all your mailboxes (so that dashboard can ask which
ones to use for the backend)
* Some way to map between those mailboxes and their summary-files

>         * Support 1.5

This shouldn't be much harder but I will not look at it until I've got a
working 1.5 running on my laptop. If nobody looked at it before than
I'll do it.

>         * Autodetect 1.4/1.5

I think this can be done with the same code as the "version"-stuff as
above.

But, do we really want to support 1.4?  1.5 is comming out soon and
dashboard is probably further away anyway :)

> I can't test this patch, since I don't use IMAP.
>
> You, my friend, need to fly more often :-).

Alright, I'm flying across another part of Australia the 13:th. I'll see
what I can do. :)

/Erik