Re: Proposal: asyncronous backends

> Your patch seems like a good first step.  I'd suggest creating a new
> delegate type instead of GuiMatchNotifyDelegate.  They have the same
> signature, but I don't think they should be equivalent callback types.

Good point, I'll change that.

> If you wanted to refine existing results, we'll probably need some sort
> of unique ID for each result so that the engine match set can do the
> right thing by removing the old ones and replacing them with the new
> ones.

I'm getting good results by just keeping a reference to the returned
match in the background thread, and modifying it before doing the
callback; I don't know if creating IDs is necessary. Maybe a bit of
locking will be needed on the match. I'll post the updated GeoSites
backend later on so you can see an example of how this works out in
practice.

dave