Re: wrong gaim patch in cvs

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 19:06 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> Hey Joe,
>
> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 15:38, Joe Gasiorek wrote:
> > Sorry, for not recognizing this earlier, but the patch that ended up in
> > CVS is a patch against dashboard.  The patch that is in the frontends
> > directory should be a patch against gaim.  You can grab that patch here:
> > http://yakko.cs.wmich.edu/gasiorek/files/dash/gaim/gaim.patch
>
> This seems to apply cleanly against Gaim 0.75.  Nice!  It still has all
> the focus bugs, but these are a general problem.  I've put it into CVS.
> Thanks!
Yea, I wasn't to sure on the route that we wanted to take with those and
no matter what way I went with it dashboard wasn't handeling them
correctly so I left those broken for now.  I'll fix them up when we come
to a conclusion on what were going to do about 'focus'

> For the credits in the release, what changes did you make here?

I just added my name to the 'written by' parameter so that people had
someone to email their complaints too.

> > The frontends directory seems to be getting quiet full these days (which
> > is a good thing!).  But I think we should remove some of the patch's
> > that don't need to be applied anymore.  Rhythmbox, and epiphany
> > extentions apparently have dashboard built in these days (at least in
> > the development track).  Anyway, these extra patch's just seem to be
> > confusing people.
>
> Good catch.  I've removed the rhythmbox and epiphany patches.  The
> others still seem to be relevant, or at least worth keeping around in
> the tarball for instructional purposes.

Yea, I think most all the other patch's are fine there.  The gthumb
patch applied cleanly the last time I tried it but that was a while ago,
so I'm not sure about that one.