Re: Service 'com.novell.Beagle' does not exist Error

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 14:46 -0500, Michael Koby wrote:
> I'm now getting new errors for Beagle like the one in the
> subject.
>
> I compiled from a latest CVS and this is what I get:
>
> Unhandled Exception: System.ApplicationException: Service
> 'com.novell.Beagle' does not exist.

We are in the process of switching beagle over to work via a daemon.
You need to run the beagled daemon, which lives in beagle/beagled.

Basic querying and file-system crawling works, but most of the other
indexers (i.e. mail indexing, gaim log indexing, etc.) are broken at the
moment.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
-J