Re: CVS Beagle doesn't build correctly

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 11:55 -0400, gasiorek wrote:
> I seem to be having a similiar issue.  The patch I'm working on requires
> XmlRpcCS.dll which gets put into /usr/local/lib/mono/XmlRpcCS/ by the gacutil.
>  I have mirrored the code in the makefiles and configure.in from the
> evolution-sharp code.  So I'm guessing my MONO_GAC_PREFIX would be /usr/local/
> but I still get a similar error as above when doing that.  Anyone have some
> hints on what might be tripping me up?  Specifically here is the error:
>
> ** (/usr/lib/mono/1.0/mcs.exe:9067): WARNING **: Could not find assembly
> XmlRpcCS, references from /home/joe/code/beagle/beagled/../indexer/Indexer.dll
> (assemblyref_index=6)
>      Major/Minor: 1,10
>      Build:       1671,27311
>      Token:       03764c778e192885

I'm not sure, I would think that MONO_GAC_PREFIX would take care of
it.

If I had to guess, though, it'd be that there's a version mismatch
somewhere.  Ie, one of those things (major/minor, build, token) don't
match the assembly in the GAC and so it's not the same.  That info is in
$prefix/lib/mono/gac/[assembly name].

Another guess would be that in Beta 2 or so the gacutil was buggy and
it'd create broken symlink references, so you might want to check
that /usr/local/lib/mono/XmlRpcCS/XmlRpcCS.dll points to the right place
in /usr/local/lib and not /usr/lib.