trouble indexing

When I try to run the indexer per the README, I get the following
error:

mono ./text-indexer.exe ~/.dashboard/backend-data/text-index -i ~/sample.txt

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required
in <0x000e4> 00 Dashboard.Index.Text.TextIndexer:Process (System.IO.TextReader,string,string,bool,System.Collections.ArrayList&,System.Collections.ArrayList&)
in <0x00034> 00 Dashboard.Index.Text.TextIndexer:Index (System.IO.TextReader,string,string,System.Collections.ArrayList&)
in <0x0028e> 00 Dashboard.Index.Text.UseThisFucker:Main (string[])

I'm probably missing something stupid, but before I try to spend a lot of time
debugging this, has anyone seen this before?

--
name:   Jamin Philip Gray
email:  jamin pubcrawler org

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car
payments.

-- Earl Wilson