Re: Code to convert all types of Word Processing files to plain text.

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 06:43, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:
> Hi folks,
>          I've been in contact with wmealing about an idea of convert Word
> Processor files to plain text files for indexing purposes.

We'll also want to get out the metadata that's contained in those Word
documents and feed those to the indexer as well.  Is there any rich
semantic data in the content itself that might be useful to index?  If
so, we might want to teach the indexer how to read that out as well,
instead of just converting it to plain text.