Re: README Problems

One other small problem with text-indexer.  When I tried to run it
initially, I got a file not found rather ugly exception.  Doing a:

touch ~/.dashboard/backend-data/text-index/common_words.txt

And then running text-indexer worked.  This is probably another file you
should add to the directory creation that you mentioned.

Skadz

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 14:50, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 08:39, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> > The README in the current package is all sorts of wrong :)  Also some
> > other notes that have to do with things in the README.
> >
> > * The text-indexer.exe program isn't installed anywhere.  It probably
> > should be, as dashboard could be used by multiple people on the same
> > system.
>
> It is now installed.  (Well, CVS is updated.)  Dashboard (and
> text-indexer.exe (IndexManager is probably the better place)) need
> to be updated to create the directories they require in the users
> home directory if they don't exist.  I need to go out now so can't
> double check/add this.
>
> > * The syntax for text-indexer.exe seems to be wrong.  I get this error:
>
> README updated.  Now knows about text-indexer being installed.
>
> Cheers!
 Ryan P Skadberg                          E: skadz stigmata org
 The Stigmata Organization                U: http://www.stigmata.org/
  GPG fingerprint = 0B97 F771 E7D2 69B2 FF5C  5693 4E25 7E77 DEF0 CA4B