Re: [Cowbell] Cowbell Status ?

Hey,

> I was searching an application such Cowbell for a while! Cowbell is just
> great !
>
> I'm wondering what is the status of Cowbell ? I mean, no news for a
> while, only some fixups on the repository, no roadmap ? Amazon's
> information retrieval seems not working correctly anymore ? Is there any
> plan and future for Cowbell ?
>
> I'm thinking about improving information's guessing, using in
> musicbrainz Picard's features (using libofa).
> Or just some news maybe ?

Cowbell has been mostly dormant for the past couple years because it
fits my needs for the most part.

However, after seeing a few bug reports lately about Amazon
guessing/album fetching no longer working I've been working on a new
backend using musicbrainz-sharp.  I haven't committed it yet because the
code isn't really ready, but I'd really like to finish it up this
weekend.

That being said, most followers of Cowbell know that I'm great at making
promises, and pretty awful at keeping them, so if you're interested in
helping out with the musicbrainz port, it would be awesome if you could
bug the crap out of me if I don't commit *something* this weekend.  I
think the threat of having to deal with more email will force me into
finishing up the code and putting it somewhere.

Thanks for the interest!

Cheers,

-Brad