Re: Conduit on Jolicloud

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Andrew Stormont
<astormont svn gnome org> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Sorry for the (very) delayed response. I think we are now at the point where
> we want to bring conduit into the picture.
>
>> Yes, but you need to define a little more by what you mean by daemon mode.
>
> What I'd like to do is split conduit into two packages so we'd have
> 'conduit'
> and 'conduit-gui' since we're going to provide our own interface.

Cool, although packaging is a distributor decision, not really up to me.

If you want to split conduit into two packages, then
 * ship the conduit/gtkui directory in the conduit-gui package (and
data, icons, etc)
 * ship everything else in the conduit-base package

> Our interface will be /very/ proprietary so I'm afraid we wont be able to
> give it
> back to the project but I'll be upstreaming any changes made on the conduit
> side
> - and there should be a few since we have a shed load of data-providers to
> write.

Sounds great. This is the motivation to finally commit the udev branch
that fixes iphone support and depricates HAL.

John