Re: Tomboy/Google Notebook/Symbian integration

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Andrew Stormont <andyjstormont googlemail com> wrote:
Hi,

AFAIK, Conduit supports Tomboy already.

Yip

Conduit can't support Google Notebook because it's not accessible via
gdata - unless you can put together a module that doesn't use gdata you
wont be able to sync this.

And Google has announced they are discontinuing google notebook, which means we will never get a decent web api for it.

I can't say about Symbian.

Neither. Python runs on s60, so you might be able to expose some sort of netwrok interface by running an app on your phone. Conduit could then get data from this. There is also some support for talking to your phone using Gammu. It is in Conduit trunk at the moment, (see PhoneModule), but it is not completed.

I would suggest downloading Wammu [1] (which is written in Python). See if this can connect to your phone over bluetooth and get its data. If it can, you can extract the relevant code for doing this, and make the necessary changes in PhoneModule [2] to get it to work

Let me know if you need any pointers on  anything

John

[1] http://wammu.eu/
[2] http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/conduit/trunk/conduit/modules/PhoneModule/

Andy