Re: ANNOUNCE: Conduit 0.3.15 (Stable)

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Halton Huo <Halton Huo sun com> wrote:
Hi John,

Hello,

I build this tarball release and met the following error:
$/usr/bin/conduit
/usr/bin/conduit: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gio/lib/: is not an identifier

When I look at /usr/bin/conduit, there is some strange env
 10
 11 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gio/lib/
 12 export PYTHONPATH=/opt/gio/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/
 13

Oops, this is a mistake, it is strange that it passed make distcheck. I just fixed this in the branch.

The recommended web browser for conduit is now python-webkit, no more crashes and bugs due to gtkmozembed!

Please see http://www.conduit-project.org/wiki/0.3.15 "Notes to Packagers" for how to configure conduit for the different situations.

I also recommend you choose GIO as the file implementation, GnomeVfs support is depreciated.

If you use python-webkit then you should remove the contents of /usr/bin/conduit, or install conduit.real to /usr/bin/conduit, as Ubuntu have done. A similar trick is also done in trunk

Would you still like me to roll another tarball?

John

Probably, you have this local change when 'make dist-bzip2'.

I verified on trunk r1775, no this problem. So I won't file a bug to fix
it. Would you release a new tarball then?

Thanks,
Halton.