Re: Evolution and Maemo

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 7:24 PM, digger vermont <dv_mlist verizon net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for getting the Maemo package together.
>
> I'm not having much luck with Evolution on an N800.  It seem like my
> problems are with evolution-python, so I don't no how much this belongs
> here.
>
> First contacts.  I can create a sync group with Evolution contacts.  But
> there are no addressbooks to choose from.  The list is empty.
>
> In a python shell:

> I get an empty list.  Could that have anything to do with the
> addressbook being /home/user/.osso-abook/db ?  Doesn't seem like it
> should.

So, looks like the addressbook storage details changed in maemo (or it
have always been this way?). The e_book_get_addressbooks() looks for
ESources paths inside the gconf key
/apps/evolution/addressbook/sources, which is empty in both
Bora/OS2007 and Chinook/OS2008.

Anyway, you can open the default addressbook using the
open_addressbook("default") function. Right when a fix is found I'll
ship a new package.

--
Lauro Moura ("lmoura" on Freenode)
http://lauro.wordpress.com