Re: Evolution and Maemo

First of all, sorry for disappearing, college and work are at full power :)

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:06 PM, John Stowers <john stowers gmail com> wrote:
>>  First contacts.  I can create a sync group with Evolution contacts.  But
>>  there are no addressbooks to choose from.  The list is empty.
>>
>>  In a python shell:
>>
>>  >>> import python
>>  >>> evolution.ebook.list_addressbooks()
>>  >>> []
>>
>>  I get an empty list.  Could that have anything to do with the
>>  addressbook being /home/user/.osso-abook/db ?  Doesn't seem like it
>>  should.
>
> I have been observing the same problems. Im not sure of the cause yet either.

I noticed that a couble weeks ago. There's an evolution function
inside the binding that is returning NULL instead of the GList with
the sources. When I arrive at work I'll check which one is.

>>  Then calendars.  I have the libecal package installed and I do have a
>>  calendar.  Should I be able to create a group with the Evolution
>>  data-provider?  I can drag it over but it wont 'stick'
>>
>>  Again in a python shell
>>
>>  >>> dir(evolution.ecal)
>
> Im not sure if the python bindings are built with evolution support or
> not (i.e. its a build time option)
>
> Lauro, do you have any ideas?

Yes. It's compiled without ecal support by default, as libecal not
available in the default installation. By the way, is libecal
available?

--
Lauro Moura ("lmoura" on Freenode)
http://lauro.wordpress.com