Re: GUI Mockups

Hey Alexandre,

Very nice moc-ups. I like the way the sources have data classes and each
one of those can sync with data types of the same type.

I've been working on a project to hopefully make a great deal of the
work of integrating with data sources and with authorising and
connecting to online services, much more easy.

The idea is to have online services become available via dbus much like
hardware does when you plug it in via HAL. These services then integrate
with an infrastructural data class system, once again available via dbus
which allows data access to all the different services attached.

The grand scheme is to have syncing as an unrelated, light weight client
application or daemon which sits on top of this infrastructure. Whilst
some people want and expect data to magically transport it's self
around, I'd be happy with stable and predictable data access to devices
and online services which is all available with the same dbus API.

Best Regards, Martin Owens (Canonical)