Re: Conduit arch dependence, redux

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 13:31 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> Ah, I read that the opposite.  I don't have strong beliefs one way or
> the other then, our build system automatically produces all the arches
> so it is no more work either way.
>
> I know if we went to python-setuptools it has some notion of pure
> python, perhaps that is the right answer.

setuptools has its own problems (actually apps often migrate *from*
setuptools *to* autotools as they get more mature).

Our bs produces all arches automatically too (let's not make this a bs
willy-waving contest), of course: the point is not that archified
packages are more work but that noarch packages are more correct. If
there's no reason for a package to be archified, it really shouldn't be.
--
adamw