Re: Flickr API Updates

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 19:55 +1200, John Stowers wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Have you seen that beej's Flickr API has undergone somewhat of an
> update.
>
> http://flickrapi.sourceforge.net/
>
> Do you see much of interest in there, should we upgrade?

I don't think they added any important functionality.  So no need to
upgrade i think.

> From memory the main difference between our, and the vanilla flickr
> api is that I modified the store the cached frob? as username.xml to
> stop it getting confused when you change between multiple flickr
> usernames within conduit

True, but i also changed some other things.  We no longer use the
getToken method for example; i split things out so we could control the
opening of the url ourselves, together with waiting for the login using
the login tester.

Thomas