Clutter API - Documentation

Hi All,

As a newbie trying to get in to Clutter I am having great difficulty
in understanding what API functions to use.

An example would be the function

[QUOTE]
clutter_texture_set_from_rgb_data has been deprecated since version
1.12 and should not be used in newly-written code.
[/QUOTE]

There doesnt seem to be a suggestion on what to actually use. another example is

[/QUOTE]
clutter_texture_set_from_yuv_data has been deprecated since version
1.10 and should not be used in newly-written code.

Use clutter_texture_get_cogl_material() and the Cogl API to install a
fragment shader for decoding YUV formats on the GPU
[/QUOTE]

and when you look at clutter_texture_get_cogl_material() it is also
listed as Deprecated...

I can seem to find pages and pages of Deprecated functions on the
https://developer.gnome.org/clutter website but no data on what the
functions or current examples are.

I have code written using the deprecated code but I want to do the job
properly using functions that will still be there next week.

Any hints on current examples and documentation?

Regards,
Richard