Can't have both clutter view and gtk drawing area in a window?

Hello,

I am creating a small GPS file viewer with python and Gtk 3 that is a
gtk paned split in two: on top, a drawing area where I graph the speed
along the track, and below a map (in a GtkEmbed) where I draw the
track.

It worked ok until a week ago, where after (I guess) upgrading from
Linux Fedora 21 to 22, my program stopped working: the map would
appear but not the graph.

Investigation on minimal examples showed me that each widget works
separalty, but not with each other: it seems that as soon as I put
Clutter.init(None) in my python script, the gtk Drawing Area draw
method (connected to the draw signal) is not called anymore.

Is it a bug, am I doing something wrong, must I modify my program to
make it work again (and then, how?) ?

Thanks!

F. Delente