Need help adding a texture2D to a ClutterShaderEffect's GLSL fragment shader

Hey all,

I've been trying to build an app that can take fragment shaders from Shadertoy.com and run them in a ClutterShaderEffect.  I'm then using the output of the shaders to control the colors on addressable RGB LED strips.

Here's the app: https://github.com/JamesHagerman/BBB-BM-Lights-2015

I've got it working with just basic uniforms bound to the GLSL shaders but I can't figure out how to get the ClutterShaderEffect to take in a custom texture.

I spoke with Emmanuel and he pointed me to this list for help with the details.

He said that I'd be better off doing this with a custom ClutterShaderEffect subclass or a custom ClutterActor with it's own cogl pipeline but I'm not sure which will work out best.

Since I've got the ClutterShaderEffect working currently, I'd like to go that route instead of making a custom ClutterActor for this.

Has anyone on the list ever put together a custom ShaderEffect that allows you to send a sampler2D uniform into a GLSL shader?

I'm willing to pay to get some help with this if they can help me get it done by the end of the week (last minute project for burning man).

Please let me know!
James Hagerman