ClutterGst and Effects

Hi all,

I’m building an application with Clutter(1.16.4) & ClutterGst(2.0.8) with python via the Gobject introspection bindings on Linux, and I wanted to apply an OpenGL shader effect to a video texture.

So, to see if it would work, I did this:

        self.video = ClutterGst.VideoTexture()
        red = Clutter.Color(255, 0, 0, 100)
        effect = Clutter.ColorizeEffect()
        effect.set_tint(red)
        self.video.add_effect(effect)

I get a straight black window for the output. If I remove the self.video.add_effect() line, then the video shows just fine.

Should this work? If so, any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong here?

Thanks,

-d

--
David W. Harks <dave dwink net>