Re: Group animations

Hi,

Thank you very much! Now after reading your response and reading a little bit through clutter's code, I think my approach should be to set the ::animatable property of each transition to the corresponding actor, and then, for the sake of starting all transitions at the same time, group all of them inside a ClutterTransitionGroup.

That way I can be notified when all of them have finished (ClutterTransitionGroup::stopped) and I can leave ClutterTransitionGroup manage transitions lifetime.

Thank you. Best regards,
Juan.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

On 29 December 2014 at 12:14, Juan Rafael García Blanco
<juanrgar gmail com> wrote:

> I want to animate a property of some actors, but I want all animations start
> at a defined time. I have seen ClutterTransitionGroup, but I'm not sure if
> that fits my needs because I would expect to see a start() method or
> something similar.

TransitionGroup is meant to be used to group transitions on different
properties, so you can give them the same duration, delay, and easing
mode.

> If I add transitions to a ClutterTransitionGroup, when do they start
> progressing? I have read transitions start progressing as soon as they are
> added to an actor...

yes, transitions are automatically started when you add them to an
actor with add_transition(). you can use the ClutterTimeline API
(since a Transition is-a Timeline) to control the state of a
Transition, though.

you can also create Transition instances and keep them around, and
only add them to an actor when needed, and remove the transition when
it's complete.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--