Rolling my own ClutterInputDevice with python

Hi,

in the current state of my program, I'm using a python object that watches an evdev InputDevice with GLib.io_add_watch().
It's a USB remote control that emulates a keyboard/mouse.

I need to filter out some keys of the remote control and manage the repeat rate for different keys myself.

The object converts those evdev events into Clutter key-press-events and emits them on its focus actor.

This all works as it should but when I set the focus to the stage and try a stage.set_key_focus() onto a ClutterText actor, no characters appear in my actor.

Whats the correct way to implement my own InputDevice in python, so that I can filter/handle the repeat key for the remote myself?

Thanks
Thomas