Is there an X window named "." created when using Cogl/Clutter with GLES/EGL/X11?

Hi,
We have an issue where an X window named "." of the same size and position of our main window is created when launching our Clutter app and we don't know who is creating it.  On this system we need to unmap this window along with the main window when our app suspends itself to avoid input going to this "dummy" which appears to be below our main window.  I see some code in the WGL implementation referring to a window named "." but not in EGL.  Any ideas?

We're kinda in a hurry to fix this.

Thanks,
Reza