Passing click events through Clutter Stage

Hi folks, I have the following problem : for UI usability reasons, I'd like pointer clicks events to be passed "through" the base Clutter Stage. That means, the stage shouldn't receive pointer events but they would be handled by whatever happens to be "under" it (another window, X root window...)
I tried :
clutter_actor_set_reactive (CLUTTER_ACTOR (stage), FALSE); But I read in the docs (https://developer.gnome.org/clutter/1.8/ClutterActor.html) that "The stage is always reactive". Is there any way to achieve this ? Thanks a lot for any insight.
Regards,
Tarnyko