Re: ClutterGst plans

Hi Lionel,

On 02/04/2013 08:17 PM, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
So I think the most important change would be to detach what is playing the video from what displays the video. In recent patches from Collabora [1], a ClutterGstActor class has been introduced. I think it would be cool if we could use this class as a point of display for a media pipeline. Basically this class/interface would just be charge of drawing images on the screen. And the way we set what it's going to be display, is by attaching a player element to it.

I'm interested in gapless playback as well, but my definition of gapless is related to GST pre-rolling time. I basically have a set of a few clips that need to be started at specific time intervals, but the pre-rolling time is not deterministic and can take up to a second. Could the player/actor split be used to keep a few idle pre-rolled players lying around, which can be slotted into an actor and started when needed?

Cheers!

    Rob