Re: clutter / cogl on Rasperry PI

On Mon, April 15, 2013 4:55 pm, Roland Peffer wrote:

Hi,

I just received a Rasperry Pi Rev B.
Now I would like to get clutter running on it with best HW acceleration
possible.

Anyone here has done it yet?

As far as I read I see 2 possibilities.
1.) Install Wayland and clutter on top of it.
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/raspberrypi.html
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/clutter.html

2.) Or hack cogl as written here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5277
https://github.com/johang/clutter

As I understand here we would have a fullscreen stage without X Windows?

I am just busy with option 1. Anyway the descriptions seem to be outdated
a little bit and I am not finished yet!

I was able to get a clutter ui running directly in X without a desktop on
a PC. Just needed to

export DISPLAY=:0

and then run the app from the commandline. Should be possible on RPi too.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd