Re: [clutter] grid with multiple actors

On 14/11/12 10:47, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
On Wed, November 14, 2012 9:16 pm, Lionel Landwerlin wrote:
On 14/11/12 09:51, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
Hi,

I have a grid similar to a spread sheet with multiple actors (approx
1500)
which receiving button-press events.  12 rows x 130 columns

When the grid is built it takes about 5 seconds to be displayed on
screen.

The grid can be expanded upto 130,000 actors or approx 1000 rows x 130
columns so it would take approx 500 seconds to build and display in that
case.

Is there are more efficient method to build a clickable/editable grid
with
clutter?

Don't use that many actors. It's a well known weakness of Clutter.

So instead of having multiple actors as buttons what is the correct method
for drawing multiple buttons in the case of a grid?

Is there an example somewhere of a clutter grid layout?

Am I wrong to think that your display is probably not big enough to display 130 columns? If that's the case, then you probably want to implement a container that reuses actors from
a pool just deal with the number of visible items.

-Lionel