Re: [clutter] scrolling

uuuggghhh! I wish Fedora 18 would get here soon. I need me some Clutter 1.12

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey boosthardware com> wrote:

On Fri, November 9, 2012 3:41 am, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> hi;
>
> On 8 November 2012 16:33, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey boosthardware com>
> wrote:
>
>> What is the best way to handle a scrollable area with clutter-1.10.8?
>>
>> I have a widget that is larger than the available real estate and I
>> would
>> like to be programatically scroll it.
>>
>> Should I draw the widget once and move it around inside a container
>> hiding
>> the area that is outside of the container boundaries or should I redraw
>> the entire widget for every scroll event?
>
> you can do a translation inside apply_transform() in the parent of the
> widget, and clip it.

At the moment I am drawing all the actors within a single stage. I'm not
sure how to move the stage around with a transform.

> you can have a look at how ClutterScrollActor works in Clutter 1.12;
> the actor is pretty much self-contained, so you can even reuse its
> code, if the license allows it.

I will try upgrading to exp as it has 1.12.0 available and that is
probably a better use of my time than reinventing the scrollActor. Should
I place the actors inside the scrollActor?

Do you have a python3 example of using the scrollActor as a parent
container with (multiple) child actors inside the container?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd