non rectangular cairo shape as an Actor in 1.12

Hello list,

i have just the same question as Veli Ogla Sungutay [1]. I want to
create an actor with arbitrary geometry via cairo. To achieve this i
set the content of a ClutterActor to a ClutterCanvas. The draw signal
is connected to a callback that draws the image with the use of cairo
(like explained in the reference).

But only the non-transparent parts of the Actor should be reactive to
button-.*-event's .

Unfortunately the reference's entry to
clutter_texture_set_pick_with_alpha doesn't link to an alternative.

Probably the developers didn't reject the feature but find a more
elegant way to achieve this. Maybe someone of you experts can give me a
hint of how to achieve this in clutter 1.12!

With best regards and thanks for your time

Johannes Deutsch

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/clutter-app-devel-list clutter-project org/msg00541.html