-----Original Message-----
From: chronojump-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:chronojump-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of xavier de Blas
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:00 AM
To: chronojump-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Chronojump fro Windows (not Mono)

Hello Mark and others

Chronojump uses MONO (a free .NET implementation), GTK# (graphical user
interface) and sqlite (database)

The current main problem on porting chronojump to windows is that the
implementation of serial port in mono on windows wouldn't be finished
until mid-spring of current year. (This serial port implementation will
work also for USB)

I talked to Miguel de Icaza yesterday and he told me about this:

http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?gtks-inst4win

this is the new GTK# for .NET, i didn't know about this before. This
means that the graphical user interface of chronojump should run
on .NET.

And the serial port classes are implemented on .NET (not yet in all
platforms supported by mono, like windows), and the last version of
chronojump (or the new branch) (currently not on the internet), connects
to serial port using mono-.NET classes

And sqlite seems to work also for GPL projects (like chronojump) on .NET

http://www.nik.com.au/archives/2005/05/03/using-sqlite-in-net/

In conclusion:

this afternoon i will try to run chronojump on Windows, i think it's
possible. For sure some things will fail, but it should be possible.

If this work, we will never have to care about the live-cds
remasterization and it's problems on using (like record the database on
a pendrive...)

I write with the results later.

Bye

Mark Fisher" <mark spe com au> said:

Hello,

I am new to the list but I'm very interested in the Chronograph
software.  Has anyone got this working on Windows platform yet?

Cheers

Mark'