Slide Scanners

There doesn't seem to be any Linux provision for slide scanners. There is also some confusion because they are not really scanners - they don't scan, so using normal scanning software won't work. In fact they take a photo, which means that Cheese would be a good application to use for them.

Cheese does work with my Maginon FS500, but it only offers a much lower resolution than my slide scanner is capable of. It would be a very useful expansion of the use of Cheese if this could be fixed.