cheese audio quality settings

Hello,

I like cheese very much for simple recording teaching videos via webcam Logitech
conference Cam/Steinberg UR22 plus several microphones (48V)/P9300 processor,
ssd / Mint.
In particular the low latency and the ease of function is great.

There is one problem/question:

How to change the quality of the audio-stream, eg. the audio bitrate
(and maybe bitdepth)?

I understand it is 80/16bit now. Is there an option to change that to 128
or 192, and to mono/mono to both channels/stereo and 8 / 16 / 24 bit?

I understand the basic settings are done in the audio-processing of the system,
with my MINT-system it is pulse-audio, but this is just about the signal,
not the recording-quality.

So it would be great if there would be an option to change that in a config-file
or in some settings-Tab. (Or to mention a how-to in help-files)

Since the audio-stream is much smaller than the video, firing better
audio-quality to the recorded file should not be too resources-hungry.
It might even be worth to just record the technical output of the
sound-card (usually 16 or 24 bit, 192 kbit/s) without any processing
(except gain)) to the recorded file.

Anyway, thank you for all of your effort.

Yours sincerely,

Mat

Free-Mail Postfach (bis zu 10 GB E-Mail-Speicher)
SMS, MMS, Fax und vieles mehr - http://www.smart-mail.de