alt-t shutter shortcut

I have been using a script to automatically take a picture with cheese derived from this post:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/42484/having-cheese-automatically-take-a-pic-and-quit

It uses alt-t to take a picture.  After a recent upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 to 15.10 and 16.04, that script no longer works.  Is there a way to restore that functionality?  I've tried two desktop environments (KDE and Unity) and it doesn't work in either, so I think the change is with cheese and not the environment, but I'm not certain.

Thanks,

        David