Re: Presentation, congratulations and problems bursts

Many Thanks David!!

The option to use Cheese to make Time Lapse is because the government of my country (Argentina) to 3,000,000 distributed over Linux netbooks among students, so for biology classes use for time lapse Cheese is an option attractive.
I just make the changes suggested in the variable "burst-delay" at line 119, to "max" of 1000-345600000 (a photo every 4 days), to make videos of one year in 1 minute.

Again, from the SOUTH Special Thanks!

2013/11/17 David King <amigadave amigadave com>
Hi Haracio

On 2013-11-04 11:02, Horacio Martínez <horacionomade gmail com> wrote:
First of all I congratulate you and thank you for this valuable tool!
I am an enthusiastic user of Cheese, I teach biology in Argentina and
I'm planning
to use Cheese in my classes, for different activities (stop motion, time
lapse, etc..) With my students.
After trying several programs for time lapse, I found that Cheese is the
best choice, most noted an important limitation, the maximum time between
shots when using the burst mode, which currently (version 3.1.4 Ubuntu) is
10 seconds.
Need to extend this period between shots, so I can take photos of
other biological
processes much slower.
I tried to make changes to the configuration file without any success.
Where should I reconfigure this variable?

Sorry for the late reply.

Cheese is not really a good fit for your use-case, but if you want to modify the maximum countdown duration then you can edit the Cheese GSettings schema:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/cheese/tree/data/org.gnome.Cheese.gschema.xml#n10

Change the “max” attribute to be a large integer value (editing the file /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/org.gnome.Cheese.gschema.xml on your system) and then recompile the GSettings schemas by running “glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas”

Good luck!

--
http://amigadave.com/

--