Re: Fwd: Building and testing cheese

Hi Jedidiah

On 2013-05-31 15:01, Jedidiah Johnson <river226 gmail com> wrote:
Daniel G. Siegel directed me to this list, as I am building a fork of the
cheese application, and am looking for advice on how to build and test it.
Can anyone help?

If you are building Cheese, you can clone the git repository, generate the build files and then build it. The commands for a typical clone and build process would look something like:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/cheese
cd cheese
./autogen.sh
make
make install

This will install to /usr/local by default, so you will need the relevant permissions to do so. There are some automated tests in the "tests" directory which can be run with "make check".

--
http://amigadave.com/