Re: How to combine effects?

Hello Cheese users,

I am hoping that this message will somehow get associated with the thread here:

Unsure of how to "merge the two or more effect files to a new effect," I asked Daniel directly and got this response:

by merging the effect files i simply meant to combine the pipeline
description in the files and save that file into a new one.

for example create a new file as
~/.local/share/gnome-video-effects/flip.effect with the following
contents:

[Effect]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Flip
Comment=Flips the video vertically and horizontally
PipelineDescription=videoflip method=4 ! videoflip method=5

Note that the real merging is done in the last line.  This piping can be done (presumably) with any of the effects in

~/.local/share/gnome-video-effects/

or

/usr/share/gnome-video-effects/

Hope this proves helpful to others with my same question.

Huston