Re: How can I add an effect to cheese that I created in python

On 01.01.2012 17:09, Rick T wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply I did a little testing and I find the command
gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=640, height=480 !
clockoverlay ! timeoverlay ! autovideosink
But I would like to move the clockoverlay and timeoverlay and add a
dateoverlay is there a list of commands and what they do for this?

Also how do I get these to show up in cheese or when I use cheese?

I'm using Ubuntu Linux10.04 64 bit cheese 2.30.1

Here is example how to use elements with options:
gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=640, height=480 ! timeoverlay halignment=right valignment=center ! clockoverlay halignment=center valignment=bottom time-format="%Y:%m:%d %H:%M:%S" ! autovideosink

to get information about element use:
gst-inspect-0.10 clockoverlay

or google it.

To make it work with cheese you will probably need to edid sourcecode of cheese. Do not ask me what to edid, you can find it by your self.

May be some one on the list has other ideas.

thanks again

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Oleksij Rempel (Alexey Fisher)<