Re: programmatically take pictures?

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 13:38 -0700, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 07/10/11 12:55, Steve Isaacson wrote:
> > Is it possible to programmatically take pictures with Cheese? That is,
> > without having a user Click a button.
> >
> > I ask because I'm thinking about using it for security purposes. For
> > example, to take a snapshot every five minutes.
> >
> > If it's not currently possible, I'll download the source code and take a
> > look.

I don't think that is possible, but you can use libcheese for that. For
doing something similar to the GStreamer pipeline, you can create a
cheese-camera and call cheese_camera_take_photo every five minutes. But
if you want to use cheese UI too, you can probably change it easily to
take a picture every five minutes. I think some people have used burst
mode for that before.

Cheers,

Luciana Fujii