RE: Cheese Webcam Booth Frame Rates

The Lifecam Cinema camera can't do 30fps at YUV or RGB.  There's just not enough USB bandwidth available.  It doesn't even support it when you programatically enumerate it's formats.

But it can do higher frame rates if it's configured to use it's MJPG format.   Requires the jpg filter to decode at that rate.  Uses more CPU.

Lifecam cinema has following formats and max frame rates:

YUY2 at 30fps for multiple formats from 160x120 up to 640x480.
YUY2 at 7.5fps for 800x448, 960x544, and 1280x720
YUY2 at 10fps for 1280x800
MJPG at 30fps for all formats from 160x120 all the way up to 1280x800.

Not sure how Cheese builds the gstreamer graph, but the developers could consider giving priority to MJPG formats over YUV or RGB when the frame rate is higher in that size.

jrs