Re: overlay for cheese?

On 25.09.2010 21:00, Edward Bernard wrote:
> Just wondering if it is possible to do a graphic overlay for Cheese.
> Specifically I need to overlay a crosshair as I'm using my camera as a
> positioning device.

Unfortunately, overlaying video with somethign else is very specific to
the video technology in questions:
- ximagesink, one can draw into the window
- xvimagesink, if colorkeying is app manageable, one can draw into the
colorkey (1 bit alpha)
- if xvideo is implemented as textured video and the user runs a
compositor and can place a argb window over the video and draw there.

probably it is the easiest for cheese to go e.g. for clutter and use
gst-clutter, then one can do gl blending. now we just need a saner
gst-clutter implementation ... (especially on netbooks)

Stefan