Re: Newbie question

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 11:58 +0000, John Randall wrote:
> Hi all, As a complete newbie to linux, how does one install the
> package. I,ve
> downloaded it to the Downloads folder and then extracted it to a
> folder called
> cheese-2.91.2
> Whats the next step.

I think it's important to note that Linux isn't an operating system, at
best it's a platform and in reality it's a kernel project.

What's good is that the cheese website doesn't make the mistake of
offering a 'linux' version like a lot of websites do. Because of course
it would be nice if random program worked on android, tomtom and my
netgear router, but knowing something about it I know they won't.

Martin,