Re: how to take a snapshot from the command line?

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> Am 26.02.2010 18:47, schrieb George Kraft:
>> Is there a way to "take a photo" from the command line without opening
>> the desktop application?
>>
>> $ cheese --snapshot --delay 1 --outfile $HOME/Pictures/failedlogin.jpg
>>

> sleep 1s;gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src num-buffers=1 ! jpegenc ! filesink \
> location=$HOME/Pictures/failedlogin.jpg

Hey Stefan,
I have a question slightly related to this. Most of the webcams I have
and I've seen so far seem to output a couple somewhat broken frames as
they start streaming. Is there a simple way (e.g. something you can do
with a gst-launch line) in gstreamer to drop the first n frames? I
mean to actually retrieve them from the v4l device but drop them as
videorate does.

Ciao,
Filippo