Does the camera work in the application Cheese?

Skype works fine in SUSE Gnome, at least for me. You probably could not have installed it without the QT libraries, so let's ignore that for now. I am a bit puzzled as to why you might not be getting video back from the other side. Are you sure they were sending you video?

As for your video, in Skype -> Options -> Video Devices is your camera listed in the drop-down box (under "select webcam")? Does the camera work in the application Cheese?

Thanks.
Terry.

Email: meleun gmail com
My articles: